Saturday, January 21, 2012

A look at my palette

Here is a look at my palette. This was recommended by my instructor and from my research on the internet it appears to be pretty standard. Going from left to right the paints are:
  • Titanium White
  • Cadmium Yellow Light
  • Cadmium Yellow Medium
  • Cadmium Red Medium
  • Permanent Alizarin Crimson
  • Cerulean Blue
  • French Ultramarine
  • Prussian Blue
  • Burnt Umber


I am not entirely happy with the plexiglass palette. I have some stress cracks in it from pushing down on it while holding it to clean. It is also tough to tell how the color will look on the clear palette. You can see through it or you get reflections off of it. It does clean up easily though. I will most likely get a wooden palette after I learn more about painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment